Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another Long List of FB

Even a Morning Glory needs to be admired in the evening sometimes.
I feel like a nay-sayer, a dream-crusher, a bubble-burster. My 9 year old set his alarm this morning for the Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergeant ring tone. After waking up to “SOUND OFF LIKE YOU HAVE A PAIR” he marched into the kitchen, cracked an egg into a glass and was going to drink it Rocky-Style. I’m all for “let boys be boys” but it was my motherly obligation to tell him about salmonella, right?
Oh man, I saw a glimpse into my son's future tonight when he proclaimed; "there's only one thing more suck-ish than mayonnaise and that's marriage!" (guessing he'll be a career bachelor who loves a tangy zip!)
ooops. Probably shouldn't have watched Ryan Reynolds in "The Proposal" before going to sleep. My pillow doesn't stand a chance once REM sets in.
one of life's surprises I will NEVER get sick of: a Lucky Charm marshmallow clinging underneath my spoon when I thought it was a boring ole spoonful of only oat parts :)
It's funny the things I can convince myself of when being trailed by a cop for 20 miles. (top thoughts: someone probably hid a pound of weed and some immigrants in my undercarriage and the cop knows it. Also, I WILL do a Tawny Kataine/Whitesnake routine on the hood of my car if he pulls me over-if it helps avoid a ticket)
I was trying to remember how I used to fight boredom when I was old enough to stay home alone after school, and it came to me...ah yes...Spice Channel. (This explains so much)
People who think they'd be a better President, football coach, superintendent or whatever... you don't have all the answers, either. Nobody knows how to do it all properly. Not even you.
Pretty sure the only reason my kids ask me to scratch their backs is a for free ticket to boss me around. "to the left, up, over, to the right, harder, to the right more"
Half the time, all it takes is…showing up.
in a brilliant marketing move a local arcade has stocked Coach purses in their prize bins. Now moms like me are dreaming of our next trip to their spot. 30,000 tickets?! C'mon Skee Ball, we got this!!
ladies, do you ever nag and nag and nag...and you hear yourself nagging and think "I sure do sound ridiculous, but I have to keep going because apparently I'm wearing my naggy pants today"? ugh, that was me today. I can see where that gets really annoying and we get tuned out by the ones we love/nag. Here's to tomorrow
Ah... the smell of Autumn leaves burning in the air...momentarily reminds me of those days of hotboxing.
just watched two ladies I know (both who don't understand body language/social clues on how to end a conversation) talking to each other...it was funny and painful to watch. I finally had to leave because there was no end in sight!
my son can jump from an 8-foot tree and pretty much land on his face, skateboard into a concrete wall and bust open his knee, wrestle and get rug burns galore - all without making a peep about the pain. But...he will scream bloody murder if it's time for bed and his brother so much as brushes the top of his toe accidentally. Perplexing.

No comments:

Post a Comment